So many gluten free products just remind you that the gluten is missing with every bite, so it makes it hard to stick to a gluten free lifestyle. That’s why we’re so excited by the new Smoothie Bar & Desserts products. The company was founded by Lorelyn Martin, a nutritionist and wellness consultant, who was diagnosed with food allergies and as sensitivity to gluten, dairy, eggs, soy and beans. After a childhood plagued by asthma and excema, the food allergies combined to cement her commitment to wellness.
At Smoothie Bar & Desserts all of the ingredients are chosen to pack the maximum nutritional wallop. Their Holy Kale Cake contains only organic ingredients which include, kale – of course!, along with pink Himalayan sea salt, buckwheat flour and flax seeds. Coconut flour and almond flour are used in the Chocolate Zucchini bread, along with hemp seeds and tapioca starch. The Spiced Apple-Cran Muffins contain organic apples and ground chia seed. The best part of all this? None of them taste like they are gluten-free!
See for yourself this weekend when they will be in the store giving out free samples, including the gluten-free Choco-Chia Chip Cookies, for everyone to try. Special guest, Olympic gold medalist, Mark Mccoy is a fan and he’lll be joining them on Saturday from 1-4pm.
When: Saturday April 5th and Sunday April 6th
Time: Saturday and Sunday 11am – 6pm
Items On Sale:
- Gluten-Free Choco-Chia Chip Cookies — A popular item, delicious and chewy classic cookie made with wholesome, high-quality natural ingredients with a touch of coconut oil and chia is a great source of healthy omega-3 fats and fibre
- Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies — Our rich and chocolatey fudge cookies are loaded with semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate, so there’s chocolate in every bite!
- Gluten-Free Brownie Bliss – Our customers say, “These cannot be gluten-free!” Without a doubt, you will love these rich and chewy brownies!
- Gluten-Free Banana Bonanza Muffins — Chocolate and Banana….a paired perfection!
- Gluten-Free Carrot Kaboom Muffins — Scrumptious, moist and a classic taste your family will love!
For more information on The Smoothie Bar & Gluten-Free Desserts, please visit www.thesmoothiebar.ca.