Sometimes playing with your food and putting together wacky combinations can be fun but not necessarily edible in the end. Like this guy over here, Mr. Stache-wich, from insanewiches.com. He’s adorable but not exactly easily devoured.
I say this because I recently threw together a number of items and ended up with a slightly odd, but totally delicious, and thoroughly edible, breakfast salad.
This would be a good breakfast for the kids on Christmas morning, it’s fun and sweet for them but not as sweet and way more healthy than an actual banana split.
Banana Splits for Breakfast
roasted, unsalted peanuts
maple syrup or maraschino cherry juice (!)
- Cut up pineapple and banana.
- Add a few chopped maraschino cherries.
- Top each fruit salad “banana split” with a spoonful of plain yogurt.
- Garnish with peanuts, flax seeds and pomegranate.
- Finish with a drizzle of maple syrup. Tada!