On Sunday, May 1st, from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. the Artscape Wychwood Barns will be going “Gluten Free!” The brainchild of RonniLyn Pustil, the idea is to gather all of Toronto’s best purveyors, bakers, restaurateurs and suppliers of gluten-free goods to one spot, for, as she calls it, “a day of delicious one-stop shopping”
“ Gluten Free Garage is Toronto’s original pop-up gluten-free marketplace…
like a farmers’ market with a gluten-free twist!”
Since her daughter Lily was diagnosed with celiac disease six years ago, Pustil has made her home a gluten-free zone, and has since scoured the city for the best gluten-free produce available.
Instead of “cherry picking” thither and yon, wouldn’t it be great to find the best, healthiest and most delicious items under one roof? That’s what the Gluten Free Garage is all about.
The first GFG was held in 2012, and saw over 1,500 guests sampling and purchasing gluten-free products from upwards of fifty, mostly local vendors.
Since then, there have been four iterations of this hugely popular event, and this year’s promises to be the biggest and best yet, with over seventy vendors on hand to wow you and a stellar line-up of guest speakers to share ideas, lifestyle tips and the latest news and trends.
Admission to the event is $10 for adults, with free admission for kids under 12. Early bird bonus! The first 1000 guests get a GFG tote bag!
At the Gluten Free Garage, attendees get to:
- Discover local merchants, bakeries and restaurants that cater to their gluten-free needs
- Sample and purchase gluten-free food and related lifestyle products from a variety of vendors
- Enjoy delicious gluten-free food prepared onsite by local chefs
- Get information about celiac disease, gluten intolerance and the gluten-free diet – the Canadian Celiac Association will be on-hand to provide information, resources and support
- Meet with local health experts
- Find out about services that help make living gluten free easier
- Grab a free shopping bag for all their gluten-free goodies
- Take home coupons for future purchases as well as samples of their new favourite products
Fiesta Farms is proud to be GFG’s official grocer, and to make this year’s event even more exciting, we’re sponsoring the Gluten Free Shopping Cart Giveaway!
We’ve loaded up a shopping cart full of amazing Gluten Free, local and imported products. Valued at $700, this delicious and nutritious giveaway is a perfect way to get to you started or assist you with continuing your Gluten Free Diet.
Here’s how it works: Fiesta Farms representatives will be handing out ballots at the Gluten Free Garage event. All you need to do is fill out your ballot and head over to Fiesta Farms to submit it at the express desk.
Bonus: When you hand in your ballot in, you’ll get a Bob’s Red Mill GF instant oatmeal cup on us!
Here are just some of the products available in our Fiesta Farms Gluten Free Shopping Cart Giveaway:
- Earth and City
- JK Gourmet
- Made Good
- Neal Brothers
- No. 7 Hot Sauce
- Mad Mexican
- Giddy Yoyo
- ………..and more!
How much more? Show up at the Gluten Free Garage at the Wychwood Barns and find out!