We Love Maple Water




When it comes to rehydrating the body, few things are as effective as good old water, but a lot of people are reluctant to hydrate sufficiently, drinking water only when they are thirsty, which, as coaches everywhere have moaned for years, is a little on the late side. The thirst reflex only kicks in once the body is experiencing dehydration; in terms of efficiency, performance is already being compromised. We need water, don’t wait until you are dying of thirst to drink it.There are many best water softeners for well water and you should use them.


Screen Shot 2013-08-19 at 6.15.57 PM


We are willing to pay for bottled water, often nothing more than bottled tap water or “enhanced” watery sports drinks sweetened with sugars to make them more palatable, in an assortment of pretty colours.


Screen Shot 2013-08-19 at 6.16.14 PM


For more astute-and trendy consumers- there is coconut water, the new “it” drink. Many are absolutely sold on coconut water, touting it as the nectar of the gods. Naturally, there are some folks who don’t actually like the taste of coconut water, or they follow a diet that focuses on food stuffs manufactured closer to home. So it makes sense, from a marketing standpoint and from a health perspective to cater to them with a water drink that is organic, naturally occurring, mildly sweet, with a few vitamins and minerals to boot. With minute amounts of calcium and iron, no fat, cholesterol or sodium and only 20 calories per cup, Maple Water might just be the next big thing .


“Maple water is about 97% water, with the remaining 3% being mainly saccharose (a plant-produced sugar), minerals (such as calcium and iron), and a wide variety of antioxidants”


“Sweet Run” Maple Water is cool. Yes, it does taste a little like maple syrup, go figure, this is how maple syrup is made, and is surprisingly refreshing. It is harvested in the spring from family owned farms in Ontario when conditions are just right: sub zero temperatures at night and days warming up, as the mature maple trees draw water from the earth to nurture leaf growth. The trees are tapped, and this sap, or water, is boiled down. The water is then pasteurized and no preservatives are added.




Most kids in Canada have made a spring pilgrimage to a maple sugar lodge with their classroom during the maple run, and watched the precious maple sap drip drop by drop into pails or plastic tubes to be boiled down into maple syrup, twenty to fifty litres of sap required to make one litre of syrup, or dried into maple sugar. We develop a fondness for the stuff at an early age, we have a maple leaf on our flag, we season our rye with maple, douse our pancakes in it and in our old age we will ask for maple walnut ice cream, avowing it to be the best ice-cream flavour ever.

And now we can quench our thirst with the unmistakable flavour of Canadiana.

comments powered by Disqus